July 15, 2012:
- On our way driving to Peoria, Illinois for the Rising Star Singing Competition. Myself, Mom and Grandma are the traveling team. It is very hot around 100 degrees and even warm in the car. I still have a slight sore throat, air conditioning doesn't help ~ though I am hoping it doesn't bother me too much while I am singing !
- Dad & I decided, that I will be singing 'Besame Mucho' in the Prelims, and should I make it to the Finals, which are held shortly thereafter, then in closing ~ I am singing 'Nessun Dorma'. I'm excited that's the Plan !
- Well, I made it to the Finals ! I'm very happy, I think I did pretty good, so that should Please my Dad. :). I am quickly doing some extra vocal warmups outside of the Opera House.
- Special Note ~ the young singer in the picture with me is my friend ~ Agne Giedraitiene ~ I Sincerely Believe that You Will Be hearing more from Agne, My incredible 10 yr old soprano friend !! Agne's family is of Lithuanian heritage ~ Bravissimo. We may even surprise you with a duet in a future Competition !
Back Stage (Right before I went on)
- I am up next. The young man singing right now is very good. Everyone here is actually really good ! I believe this must be one of my toughest competitions yet. I'm not nervous, but it's like an excited feeling, like while you are in an airplane waiting to take off. Hopefully I don't crash and burn ! Hey, I'll be "Comin' In On A Wing And A Prayer" ! We have noticed that the Competition is continually getting better each Event this Year.
State Finals Competition ~
- Guess What ??
I Won - Rising Star Singer of the Heart of Illinois State Fair
I Believe I did Well, I will have to ask my Mom before I can confirm that, but I believe I did a solid job. In other words, no fiery flames, because I didn't crash and burn. It's funny, but no matter how often I sing onstage I still get a major adrenaline rush ! It Never Gets Old.